Clinics & Services
In addition to general medical consultations we are pleased to be able to provide specialist clinics and services covering the following areas:
- Asthma and COPD checks - provided by all Practice Nurses
- Blood pressure checks - all Practice Nurses
- Cardiac checks - all Practice Nurses
- Childhood immunisations - all Practice Nurses
- Child development - GP/health visitor
- Contraception advice/smear tests - including pills, coils and emergency contraception - all Practice Nurses. Implants - Janine Chadwick, Practice Nurse.
- CVD (cardiovascular disease) health check - for patients aged 40 -74 years - HCA/Maxine Sloman
- Diabetes Reviews - Sue Ottewell, Practice Nurse
- Dressings - all Practice Nurses/Healthcare Assistant
- Ear syringing - all Practice Nurses
- ECG (electrocardiogram - records the rhythm/electrical activity of your heart) - Healthcare Assistant/all Practice Nurses
- Lifestyle advice and health checks - Healthcare Assistant/all Practice Nurses
- Maternity care - Midwife/GPs
- Minor surgery - Dr Mellor, Dr Reid, Dr Pasupathi and Dr Ashida are qualified to undertake minor operations, such as removal of lumps and bumps.
- Stroke reviews - Maxine Sloman, Practice Nurse
- Vaccinations (including travel and flu) - all Practice Nurses
- Warfarin testing - Maxine Sloman, Janine Chadwick, Dr Alan Walker, Dr Stuart Mellor
Minor Illness - In addition to the GPs, the Practice Nurses are also available to see patients with minor illnesses.
Specialist clinics - Appointments for specialist clinics ie. cardiac, diabetes, asthma/COPD, blood pressure, stroke are booked in advance. Patients with these conditions will be sent an appointment by the Practice administration staff.
Other Clinics/services - Please contact the reception staff to book an appointment for travel vaccinations, warfarin testing, young persons advice, contraception advice/smear tests, maternity care, lifestyle advice/health checks, childhood immunisations, minor illness, dressings and ear syringing.
CVD health checks - you will receive an invitation from the Practice for this health check. Please contact the receptionist to make an appointment. We would encourage you to attend. However, if you do not wish to do so, please let us know. Before you attend for your appointment you will be required to have a routine blood test and the receptionist will ask you to call at the Surgery to collect a blood test form.
Minor Surgery - please contact the reception staff to book an appointment with Dr Mellor, Dr Reid, Dr Pasupathi or Dr Ashida to discuss.
ECG - please make an appointment with any doctor at the Practice and they will arrange this for you.
Child Development - the Practice or Health visitor will contact you regarding child development checks.